Isaiah 43:18-19 "Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert."
Charles Price, in his book "Christ For Real," says that God's provision is only available for His plans, and that living by faith is obeying God and wholly trusting Him--- in other words, not selective obedience (only obeying what I choose to obey but deciding some things just aren't that important to have a yielded heart). If I am seeing a "sporadic" provision coming from God, probably it's because I'm "sporadic" in my obedience to Him- because as I obey His plans, I will know His provision.
I think often my unyielded heart comes from fear, but my fear comes from dwelling on things that have happened (the former things) and projecting them into the future, instead of letting God do "something new"... He says stop stiffening your neck (Deut. 10:16)- fear the Lord, walk in all His ways, love Him, serve Him, keep His commandments- all this for my GOOD- UNlike the rebellious Israelites who DIDN'T believe God, and therefore had no rest. As we went to Mexico this past week, I was "diligent to enter that rest" (Heb 4:11) and purposed to trust the Lord, not giving in to fear, and believe Him and obey Him, and was able to let Him do something new. Very exciting to be in that frame of mind instead of anxious and not at rest. He does indeed make rivers in the desert.
RIO VERDE...
We arrived home last night around midnight, after a very long travel day... We had a great trip, having a good mixture of some work:
(moving rocks, a bit of bamboo fencing, filling in a 50 foot well with dirt, moving a gigantic stump...)
some ministry:
(to an indigenous village in the mountains, a kids' club, and some church services),
and some play:
(waterfall at Puente de Dios, swimming with the crowds at la Media Luna, lots of skip-bo and a campfire).
... and of course the final evening with more yummy Mexican food, a pinata and mariachi band!!
Had great spring/summery weather while there, but arrived home to thunderstorms overnight and winter cold all day today! However, I'm happy to report that the blooms I fully expected to see, have indeed arrived.
The Redbuds have opened up, and...
The bluebonnets are blooming!
South of San Antonio, on the drive down, the median was carpeted with such pretty indian paintbrush and bluebonnets and others. So nice. Should get the nice temperatures to go with it this week, after one last (hopefully!) freeze tonight.




Looks like you had a great trip. I miss the Texas flowers!! Thanks for your thoughts on Christ For Real. Love that book!
ReplyDeletegreat thoughts! thanks for the reminder not to let the former things rule our minds. I loved those pictures, the flowers are beautiful.
ReplyDelete