The Red Buds have burst open... in fact after today I think they are on their way off the trees. So pretty.
They are definitely the very first sign of Spring.
The purple Vinca Major in our yard is blooming like crazy this year- first time in many years they've had much to show for themselves. Very nice.
Nice little flower mixed in with a wildflower seed mix that I spread out at just the right time last Fall! We hadn't had rain for about 2 years, and then in September it started raining and all the bluebonnets sprouted- so I spread this seed bag I had, and there are lots of flowers growing I've never seen before. I hope the deer don't like them.
Evening Primrose are so fun- they bloom in the grass, as the sun is going down, facing towards the setting sun!
The Texas Mountain Laurel is one of my favorites... it smells like grape cotton candy- so sweet and it blows on the air- I have one in my yard but it never blooms- must not be the right kind.
And of course the Bluebonnets- I'm so proud of these! I have literally been trying to grow these since I moved here- and this year, FINALLY, there is a mound on the hilltop under the flagpole, and alother bunch at my house. Cool.
Almost forgot the Caroline Jessamine- I love these too because the green is so deep and the yellow so bright. Lots of flowers on this big bush.
The two trees by the volleyball court are getting their leaves...
And this is how we ended our day on Friday... sunsets on the patio call for dessert and coffee, of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment