Packing my stuff to go to Mexico in a couple days with our students on our spring mission trip. I don't like these trips because I always go to worst-case-scenario in my mind and imagine all the problems and dangers we might face, ie: hairpin turns on mountain roads driven way.too.fast.; thoughtless students following other thoughtless students following...others... off a dangerous waterfall and ... I could go on but those are the two at the top of my list. This morning in our staff devotion we talked about hope... and I was realizing that when I let myself live in fear then I am not living in the truth of the LIVING hope that I do have- that is Jesus. He knows. He is in control. He is sending me on this trip. He has a plan and it IS good. I don' tknow what the next week holds, but He does, and if my hope lies there- in Him- and not in myself- then the fear dissipates somehow. God hasn't given me a spirit of fear- He's given me His Son. Much better to live that way.
Another thought about hope... Spring is full of hope, and I love love love it! The buds are just starting, and we have hope for lots of blossoms, because that's what happens. We did have good rain this fall and winter, but even when we don't -the amazing thing is that in the spring everything still comes back to life. There is life there. I LOVE seeing the hope of blossoms. When we come back everything will be green!
Can you see the bluebonnet that's going to bloom in there?
And here is a redbud- just about to burst open!!
Can't wait.
Why am I just seeing this now!! Loved this post Sheila! Praying for safety and peace on the trip!! I know those all too well!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. So glad you started a blog! I'm your first follower! :)
Loving your blog.
ReplyDeleteMom :) XOXO
This is so fun Sheila..I have to figure things out better to be your follower :) Im so glad i know what a red bud is now!
ReplyDelete