All summer Audrey and I have been working on perfecting our Dessert Pizza creation... and since tonight was the last Pizza Night of camp 2010, I decided to take some pictures and blog about it!
First, we used regular pizza dough, roll it round, and make a crust:
Next, top with pie filling. Now, I usually make whatever kind I'm in the mood for. I've done raspberry/blueberry, sometimes adding in peaches. Tonight I used as many pieces of bruised fruit or leftover apple slices from lunch that I could find, adn I must say it was one of the best pie fillings yet! Peach, nectarine, plum, apple, and a few blueberries and raspberries thrown in from the freeze. Don't forget some cinnamon, sugar, and cornstarch!r:
Spread the filling to the edge:
The topping is my favorite part because it's so easy. I use (for each pizza) 1 cup dry cake mix, crumbled with 2 T margarine or butter. Then sprinkle it over the top:
Put it in the oven around 375 degrees until crust is baked and top is nicely browned:
Make a glaze with melted butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla:
Slice
Eat and enjoy!!
mmmm I think I'll enter this recipe in some competition if I can find one. It is so good!!
And while I'm visiting my blog world, I'd better update on the garden. We have one thing growing well right now. Most of the plants are looking pretty sad but this is very exciting!
We'll have to eat it next week sometime. Hope it's ready!










Yum! I'm going to have to try that recipe. You totally should enter it! What kind of melon is that? Happy end of camp (or is there still day camp next week?)!
ReplyDeleteI love peach salsa! This blog post made me very hungry :)
ReplyDeletelooks delicious and if it tasted anything like what Tara made at the cabin I know it is...but Im very jealous of your ability to cook four pizzas at a time! Jan
ReplyDelete