Well we had enough "parts" to our garden leftover to piece together a 2nd 4x4 square- on the grass at Genevieve's house- so first we needed to do some weed control: First, leftover carpet ends from a closet in guest housing-

look closely at our sweet utility knife-
Then a layer of plastic gleaned from the bike room. Lori took a nap on it while I prepared the carpet
look closely at our sweet utility knife-
Then a layer of plastic gleaned from the bike room. Lori took a nap on it while I prepared the carpet
Then she attempted to re-plant the big one:
(Don't think it will grow...)
Realized we'd better even out the ground a bit-
We found a sweet old rusty fence that didn't cost us a thing!! Go away, deer!
Getting the plastic garden stakes through 4 layers of plastic and a carpet posed a bit of a problem, but we rose to the challenge and got'er done
Time for some dirt...
more planting!!
Grow, little seeds!

That's incredible craftsmanship and ingenuity! I'm looking forward to the day when we get to have a garden. Hopefully next year, just depends on if/when we move to a place with a yard.
ReplyDeleteYou girls are something else. I noticed it took all day...light into night. Nice. :)Mom
ReplyDeleteThat wouldve taken me a week to do! Way to go reuse reduce and recycle! Jan
ReplyDelete